That's us before take-off
Big Daddy has wanted to go on a bi-plane ride for several years now. When we moved to the Keys he was glad to see bi-plane rides advertised at the local airport, just a stone’s throw away. I thought I would surprise him with a ride on it for his birthday. I was not planning on going with him. There are many exciting things I would like to do, however, this intimidated me. There is the obvious reason – being so high up in the air and in an open, exposed cockpit. The other reason is this: For past few years my equilibrium or something has changed. I cannot tolerate roller-coasters or the like. The movement, height, and speeds that go along with such things don’t agree with me like they once did. At one time I was able to go on such rides over and over again with no problem. Recently, even swinging on the park swings with my children makes me a wee bit dizzy. So I thought the bi-plane ride would upset my head and my stomach. I am so glad I was wrong! I thought you only live once; I may as well go with him for this ride. I was rewarded with a thrill! I would do it again, it was simply breathtaking. I highly recommend it. Our pilot was a character, a bit salty, but he did a great job. He made it thrilling enough for Big Daddy and not overly so for me. I think that Big Daddy was genuinely surprised and enjoyed himself. It was a blessing for us both and I thank God for the opportunity.
This is a view of the 7 Mile Bridge from above
2 comments:
Yea! So happy for you and your hubby =-) great photo..and what a thoughtful gift.
You are braver than me, lady!
Growing up near the New River Gorge Bridge, we had a man, Fearless $5 Frank, that gave biplane rides over this area. As a child, probably 6 or 7, I went up with some family members and still remember thinking I was going to fall out of the plane when he made a turn...-=P
Merry Christmas from central Florida. We sure do miss you and the big guy. The pictures are great, and I can just imagine how beautiful the ride must have been. Our prayer is that the whole Big Daddy family will have a very merry and blessed Christmas.
Post a Comment