All content of this blog is ©2015 by "E.B.", see here, unless otherwise noted.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Some Paint Sketches


This was a picture I took of my garden's bounty many years ago. I know I posted the pic before. I was inspired by it and ended up doing a couple of simple paint sketches.



Marigolds & tomatoes. Plain old tempera on paper.

3 comments:

Faff said...

These are gorgeous. Tempera is a medium that fascinates me from it's use by Botticelli and Raphael for religious Icons and paintings but have never been able to bring myself to try. Looking at the glorious colours you've acheived I ay have to give it a go at some point over the summer.

Faff said...

REdo my comment as blogger seems to still be playing up. I love these paintings and particularly admire the use of tempera. Great colours. Tempera has a great history with Botticelli and Raphael in religious icon painting. This is a nice reminder it can be used for simpler subjects.

E.B. said...

Thanks, Peter. One thing that can't be denied in these harsh economic times is that the tempera is very economical when purchased from school supply sources.