All content of this blog is ©2015 by "E.B.", see here, unless otherwise noted.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Surreal Segway Experience

Photobucket
Once I was at Epcot walking through one of the large indoor concourses where conventions and displays are held. I was probably looking for a bathroom or a water fountain when I happened upon a surreal scene. In a room about half the size of a typical school gymnasium, there were about 20 folks on Segways going around in a circle. One of the most striking things was that they were not making any sounds, just gliding along quietly. The people all wore shiny white helmets while they quietly made their loop around the room, not saying a word. I paused to take it in for a moment or two, then I went on with my business. On my way back, I paused again to watch. This time the Segway riders made a final loop, went up a ramp and passed me as they silently glided out into the noise and the crowd of the amusement park.

No comments: