All content of this blog is ©2015 by "E.B.", see here, unless otherwise noted.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lobster Mini Season Notes

I recently had fresh lobster for dinner for the first time ever. It was pretty good. I enjoyed it all the more because it was caught by my oldest son. We have something down here called Lobster Mini Season which is a short 2-day season to whet your appetite for the regular season, which begins soon. I am not overly fond of lobster, but I did enjoy our fresh meal. I really like it when we can eat food that we have caught or grown ourselves.

Same oldest son also got his learner's driving permit, and a raise at his summer job. I am proud of him, and he certainly is flexing his independence muscles. I was concerned about him going diving during the lobster season, it's crazy with boaters, many of them not very cautious, but he was with capable Conch friends.

3 comments:

Pastor Ron said...

EB, that sounds pretty good to me. Did you cook it, or did Big Daddy do the honors? Sounds to me like your children are growing up.

Pastor Ron said...

The wife and I had lobster many years ago at the Moody AFB NCO Club. For some reason we just stopped in while there on business. It was very good, but the plate became empty much too soon. Are you hooked now?

BTW, did you see your blog was featured on my blog this past week?

E.B. said...

Hi Ron,
Sorry for the delay in posting your comments and responding! I have been so busy and exhausted I have barely any time to get on the internet. Hopefully that will change once school begins and I am settled into a different routine.

To answer your questions: Yes, Big Daddy grilled the lobster, and though it was yummy both times it was better the second time. I think he reduced the grilling time just a bit and that made a difference. You and your bride should treat yourselves if you get the opportunity to get some Florida spiny lobster over the next few weeks. The price has dipped lower than the past several seasons, according to news reports, and it is a nice treat.

I am going to check out your blog now, and I thank you ever so much for featuring me!

Blessings to you and yours!